1. The wait is over: The PGA Show is back! The 70th PGA Show kicks off Wednesday with an 8:15 a.m. opening ceremony in the main lobby of the Orange County Convention Center. Lauren Thompson of NBC Sports will emcee the opening event, and PGA President John Lindert and PGA CEO Seth Waugh will open the doors to the PGA Show Floor for thousands of PGA Professionals, golf shop buyers and industry professionals to get down to the business of golf.
2. Keep an eye out for big names from the world of golf and beyond today! A number of golf’s best-known players and personalities are set to be on the PGA Show Floor, including U.S. Open champ Matt Fitzpatrick, World Golf Hall of Famer Annika Sorenstam, major champions Jim Furyk, Brooke Henderson, Danielle Kang, Justin Leonard, Davis Love III, Stacy Lewis, Lexi Thompson and Tom Watson, past Ryder Cup competitors Brad Faxon and Paul McGinley, and broadcasters Jim Nantz and Blair O’Neal – and more – are all scheduled to make appearances throughout the day.
3. PGA Professionals attending the PGA Show have a place of their own this week. The PGA Professional Hub – located inside the main entrance to the PGA Show Floor – has a number of PGA Partner and Association resources, plus a preview of the new Home of the PGA – PGA Frisco – including a simulator of par-3 holes at the new Fields Ranch courses. The PGA Industry Stage powered by CapTech is also located in the PGA Professional Hub, and will be the site of expert presentations throughout the week.
4. Ready to ramp up your career goals? Zip over to the new Career Zone, located in the PGM Pavilion next to booth 3577. Students, PGA Professionals and second career professionals have the chance to meet with recruiters from across the golf industry. PGA Career Services experts will also be on hand for a number of presentations. Stop by to learn about the Career Zone Passport Program sweepstakes, and don’t forget the Career Zone Ice Cream Bar and Soda Fountain for a sweet treat at 4:15 p.m!
5. There are several happy hours taking place around the PGA Show Floor to cap the first day of the PGA Show, and one party in particular stands out: The PGA Show Fashion Show. After a 5 p.m. Industry Happy Hour sponsored by Castore in the PGA Fashion Lounge – located at the PGA Show Apparel Section – models will start working the catwalk while wearing the latest styles from some of the game’s top brands at 5:30 p.m. Join hosts Bailey Chamblee and Katie Ginella for the high-energy fashion show, and stay to enjoy the rest of Industry Happy Hour through 6:30 p.m.