PGA Professionals, industry insiders and all 2020 PGA Merchandise Show attendees will have several special incentives to stroll the PGA Show floor on Friday from 8:30 a.m. until 3 p.m. The new PGA Merchandise Show Passport Program will reward attendees with valuable prizes, including two tickets to the 2020 Ryder Cup at Whistling Straits in Kohler, Wisconsin, for one “Lucky Friday” winner.
How does this new program work?
PGA Show attendees must visit five of nine activations mentioned on the inside of the Passport, get the Passport stamped at each location you visit, and drop the Passport off at any of the information booths located around the PGA Show floor on Friday, Jan. 24. Those submitting proper Passports before 3 p.m. on Friday will be placed in a drawing for the two Ryder Cup tickets, with the winner notified via phone on Friday night.
But Ryder Cup tickets aren’t the only reward available to Friday PGA Show attendees.
A $500 putting contest in the Equipment Test Center (ETC) Putting Green area will unfold between 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. The contest is limited to the first 100 participants, with $300 awarded to the winner after two rounds of putting, second prize of $150 and third place of $50. All putting contest participants simply need to get their PGA Passport stamped to count toward one of the five activations.
A $50,000 Hole-in-One Contest hosted in the GOLFZON booth (#3127) is another fun way to get Passports stamped. The qualification round will take place between 10 a.m.-noon on Friday. The first 30 participants to get their ball within 10 feet of the pin on the GOLFZON simulator will qualify for the final round on Friday, from 1 p.m.-2 p.m., during which all finalists will get one shot. Anyone making a hole-in-one will win $50,000.
There are nine ways for Passport Program participants to get their Passports stamped and qualify for prizes.
- Test three brands of equipment (hit range balls or putt) in the Equipment Test Center on the PGA Show floor.
- Attend a PGA Forum Stage presented by OMEGA program on Friday, such as “Coaching in the NFL – Keys to Motivating Athletes at All Levels,” at 9 a.m., or “Coaching & Mentoring College-Age Players” at 10 a.m.
- The aforementioned $500 Putting Contest at the ETC Putting Green Area between 1 p.m. and 2 p.m.
- Visit the Golf Facility Innovation Center in the PGA Partners Area any time before 3 p.m. on Friday.
- Participate in the $50,000 Hole-in-One Contest at the GOLFZON booth (#3127) between 10 a.m. and Noon on Friday.
- Stop by the new Fashion Lounge located in the Apparel Section on the PGA Show floor.
- Visit the New Product Zone on the PGA Show floor on Friday before 3 p.m.
- Check out the Racquet & Paddle Sports Show floor, located adjacent to the PGA Show floor on Friday.
- Post a picture of yourself at the PGA Show on any social media platform (LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook) using #PGAShowPics. Be sure to tag @PGAShow.
Remember to have your Passport stamped at each stop you make, and deposit your validated Passport at any of the information booths located throughout the PGA Show floor on Friday, Jan. 24, to be eligible for prizes. For more information on the Passport Program, click here.